Accounting is a word that people encounter frequently in their lives. Once the word “accountant” or “accounting“ is mentioned, what mostly first think about are numbers and money. Well, those two words are just a part of the whole concept that is accounting.
What is accounting?
An accountant, if talking about their main goal, is someone who makes sure that the financial record of the company they’re working for is as accurate as possible, one who monitors the flow of money around the company and makes sure that all monetary transactions are legal and follows the proper process and guidelines. Think of them as the “doctor” of the company for they make sure that a company is healthy by using mathematics, accounting skills and knowledge about law and finance to describe the situation of their business.
Are there specific works for accountants?
In Singapore, enrolling in accounting courses would help you get your dream job!
- Yes there are! As you can see on the previous paragraph, an accountant is a vital part of a firm or business based on what they can do and the tasks they could accomplish. The tasks an accountant could accomplish really depend on their clients’ needs. There are a lot of types of clients that accountants could choose from, but here are some of the most common tasks that they could do.
- Public Accountant – the client of this particular task are corporations, governments and/or individuals. Their task requires them to do a broad range of accounting, auditing, tax and consulting duties.
- Management Accountant – people who work as Management Accountants work for people who need their financial records analyzed and recorded. The work done by management accountants are used by managers to be used, not by the public.
- Government Accountant – these people work for the government. Their tasks include maintaining and examining records of government agencies, they also audit private businesses and people who are subject to the regulations and taxations of the government.
- Private Accountant – a private accountant could be described as someone who operates for a single firm, who receives his/her salary similar to an employer-employee basis even though he works on a public business.
- National Income Accounting – this type of work requires an accountant to provide the public with the annual purchasing power of a country using economic and social concepts.
- Investment Accounting – this job uses the process of accounting for a portfolio of investments for things such as security, commodities and real estate that are found in an investment fund.
Those mentioned above are just some of the tasks that accountants are capable of doing. There are a whole lot where those came from. Accounting is a job that could be described as something that is flexible. It is flexible because, as you can see, there are a lot of things that an accountant can do for a business firm or company. These tasks or work is very important to the society.
If you are someone who is skilled or just fond of computing numerical figures and would like to use that to help a company in need, why not take basic accounting courses? This will not only teach you the ways and techniques of accounting, but it could also help you land your dream job of being an accountant. If you do not have the luxury of time but still want to take accounting courses, don’t worry! There are part time accounting courses available.